Opus Music Academy | President and Founder
(612) 217-0415 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I was born in South Korea, and grew up in Buffalo, MN. I studied piano and music therapy at Augsburg University in Minneapolis and received my Bachelor of Science in Music Therapy in 2009. I am also a certified Elementary Level Piano instructor through the Royal Conservatory of Music, and I am pursuing certification there as an Intermediate and Advanced level instructor. I am also working towards becoming a Nationally Certified Instructor of Piano through the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA). Music has always played a very significant role in my life; add that with my passion for helping people and brining people together is the hear of Opus Music Academy. I have a team of 30 instructors in all areas of music and production. We serve the entire Twin Cities Metro area, and our headquarters are located in New Hope. Our mission is to bring people together through music, and making music lessons available and accessible to all. We will also have a Scholarship Fund. Opus conducts it’s lessons in-student-homes. Virtually, and traditional in-studio (at New Hope, Robbinsdale, or instructor’s studio). We love to network, partner, and collaborate with local organizations, businesses, and non-profits. We embrace community engagement opportunities, and regularly provide live music for seniors in senior living homes.
- Piano Teacher since 2009
- Ukulele Teacher since 2018
- Specialize in Adaptive Piano Lessons
- Member of MTNA, MMTA (MN Teaches Assoc.), MMTF (Minneapolis Music Teachers Forum), and AMTA (American Music Therapy Association)
- Created and Developed Programming at Schmitt Music: Music Therapy Program, Adaptive Lesson Program, Adult Group Piano, Youth Piano Camp
- Educator through Osseo Community Education Summer Camps
- Married to husband, Marty, and we have three children.
- Enjoy Cooking, playing my piano, ukulele, flute, and guitar … and love to sing.
- Love spending time with my family in the great outdoors: Camping, Travel, Hike, Boating, and Fishing.
- Enjoy having friends and family over as well.
- Hockey is my favorite sport
- Love animals: we have a dog, cat, and fish named Egg Drop. I dream of having a horse someday.
- Currently learning French